Who we are
Pitman Trainingis a network of independent businesses trading under the Pitman Training name licensed by Pitman Training Group Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with registered company number 07286351 whose registered office is at Pitman House Walkers Court, Audby Lane, Wetherby, West Yorkshire LS22 7FD. All references to “Pitman”, “us” or “we” throughout this statement is to the business in the Pitman Training network who you are dealing with.
Pitman collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you which is processed in accordance with this statement. Please contact us using the details belowif you have any questions on these terms or the service that we provide.
What information we hold about you
We collect personal information whenever you provide it to us. This personal information may include the following:
- name, postal address and contact details;
- your academic history including qualifications;
- payment details;
- technical and analytical information obtained through cookies;
- other information you provide to us; and
We may also obtain information from third parties such as credit reference agencies.
How we use your information
We use your information for the following purposes
- responding to any enquiries which you make to us relating to any of our products or services;
- in certain circumstances, to carry out a credit reference search in order to establish your financial suitability for our training services;
- to process and administer your payments;
- to provide training services to you;
- to monitor site usage to develop and administer our websites; and
- to provide you with promotional information aboutour training services, news, advice, and offers
Who we may share your information with
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our agents and service providers;
- our infrastructure providers;
- a third party who acquires our business;
- examination boards;
- the appropriate business within the Pitman Training network
- Pitman Training Group Ltd; and
- law enforcement and regulatory agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity or as otherwise required by law
Keeping your information secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example we store your personal data on secure servers and ensure access to your personal data is limited to authenticated and approved staff.
While we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
Reasons we collect and use your personal information
We may use your information in the following ways:
- where it is necessary to perform our contract with you;
- where it is required by law;
- where you have provided consent, provided that you can withdraw this consent at any time; or
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests as a business including:
- responding to enquiries
- providing training services to our customers
- improving and developing our services
- the administration of our business
- monitoring and maintaining standards within the Pitman Training network
- promoting our business
- establishing, exercising or defending our legal rights
For more information, including how to disable/delete cookies, please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
Transfer of data out of the EEA
Where you are based outside of the EEA your personal information will be processed by a local Pitman Training centre outside of the EEA.
Information that we collect from you may be transferred to third party service providers working for us who may process that information at, a destination outside of the European Economic Area (‘EEA’).
These destinations may not have the same legal protections for personal data as you enjoy under English law. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement and data protection legislation.
When we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- the countries we transfer your personal data to have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission;
- we use contractual clauses approved by the European Commission which give personal data similar protection to that which it has in the EEA; or
- where we use providers based in the SU, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which required them to provide similar protection to personal data that applies within the EEA.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
You have rights under data protection laws, in certain circumstances, including to:
- request access to personal information that we may process about you
- require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information free of charge
- to require us to erase personal data that we may process about you where this is no longer required to be processed by us
- to object to or restrict our processing of some of your personal information in certain circumstances
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you should put your request in writing and provide us with enough information to identify you. If we need further information we will let you know.
If you have any concerns or questions as to the way in which we process your information please do contact us. In addition you have a right to bring a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. More information on the Information Commissioner’s Office and your rights is available at www.ico.org.uk.
Retention of information
We will retain yourinformation for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which we collected it, or for as long as we have your consent to do so where your consent is our legal basis on which we process such data. All retained data will be held subject to this policy.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy from time to time. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version that will apply each time you interact with us.
To contact us please use the following details:
6th Floor Alexandra house, 1 Alexandra Road, SWANSEA, SA1 5ED